One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of tonic first made in Angostura.
- ‘I hand-pressed one-eighth of an orange and added Angostura bitters and egg white.’
- ‘Two warm-weather favorites are the Key Lime Rickey (key lime vodka, a dash of Angostura bitters, topped off with ginger ale) and the Napa Valley Iced Tea (Meyer lemon vodka, a tiny splash of Chambord and iced tea).’
- ‘The drink combines Plymouth gin, sweet vermouth and a dash of Angostura bitters with hot orange and cranberry juices topped with grated nutmeg.’
- ‘Bayless, for example, likes to mix a single-village mezcal from Oaxaca, such as Chichicapa with lime juice, a splash of brandy and dash of Angostura bitters.’
- ‘Add the pre-soaked gelatin leaves and Angostura bitters to about 1.5 pints of the beetroot stock and leave to cool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.