A fast-moving winter weather system originating in the lee of the Canadian Rockies that typically brings snow, high winds, and cold temperatures across the northern US.
- ‘If the moisture follows later this fall with a couple of Alberta Clippers we will have a real mess.’
- ‘In fact, as we take a look at this storm, it's called an Alberta Clipper.’
- ‘On top of everything else, an Alberta Clipper is on the way for late Tuesday night and Wednesday, bringing a period of accumulating snow.’
- ‘Most Alberta Clippers bring light snow and a blast of cold air to the USA as they move eastwards.’
- ‘In short, an Alberta Clipper is a fast-moving storm that brings snow in its path and is followed by windy, colder weather.’