One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A buffalo with large horns, native to Africa south of the Sahara.
Syncerus caffer, family Bovidae; sometimes considered to be two species, the Cape buffalo and the forest (or dwarf) buffalo
- ‘Coupled with the habit of charging en masse, few predators use African buffalo as a regular food source.’
- ‘It is said that more big game hunters have been killed by African buffalo than by any other African animal.’
- ‘Watch out for herds of impalas, Grant's gazelles, and African buffalo as you enter the park.’
- ‘The social structure of the African buffalo is rather typical of most other wild cattle species.’
- ‘In spite of all, the African buffalo is actually a placid animal, save when it is injured or at bay.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.