Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A buffalo with large horns, native to Africa south of the Sahara.→ buffalo
- ‘Coupled with the habit of charging en masse, few predators use African buffalo as a regular food source.’
- ‘In spite of all, the African buffalo is actually a placid animal, save when it is injured or at bay.’
- ‘The social structure of the African buffalo is rather typical of most other wild cattle species.’
- ‘Watch out for herds of impalas, Grant's gazelles, and African buffalo as you enter the park.’
- ‘It is said that more big game hunters have been killed by African buffalo than by any other African animal.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.