One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A buffalo with large horns, native to Africa south of the Sahara.
- ‘Coupled with the habit of charging en masse, few predators use African buffalo as a regular food source.’
- ‘Watch out for herds of impalas, Grant's gazelles, and African buffalo as you enter the park.’
- ‘It is said that more big game hunters have been killed by African buffalo than by any other African animal.’
- ‘In spite of all, the African buffalo is actually a placid animal, save when it is injured or at bay.’
- ‘The social structure of the African buffalo is rather typical of most other wild cattle species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.