Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Relating to or characteristic of the works or style of Joseph Addison.
Relating to or characterized by Addison's disease.
- ‘Classic features of Addisonian crisis include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and delirium, but these are often present for other reasons in critically ill patients.’
- ‘Dexamethosone sodium phosphate is the corticosteroid of choice for the animal in an Addisonian crisis.’
- ‘More detailed information about the causes of Addisonian crisis can be found on our causes page.’
- ‘This is referred to as an Addisonian crisis and is a medical emergency.’
- ‘Two bitches become clinically Addisonian after the physical and hormonal stress of whelping puppies.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.