Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- abbreviation for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- ‘Some cases where gene therapy has been successful are in the breakthrough with the disease Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).’
- ‘He was in the advanced stages of ALS.’
- ‘"Her painting will help draw attention to the amazing abilities of artists with ALS and other neuromuscular disorders."’
- ‘He choreographed (most often for Maryland Youth Ballet and his own Eric Hampton Dance) before being diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease).’
- ‘The scene becomes even more distressing when we recall how ALS eventually works its way up the body, making simple things like hand gestures and speaking impossible.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.