Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action or process of making a physical object from a three-dimensional digital model, typically by laying down many thin layers of a material in succession.‘if you use 3D printing for prototypes you will simply be able to go to market faster’
- ‘Perhaps with the new technological advancements we are starting to witness (AI, 3D printing, advanced robotics, etc.) a new era for mankind can be forged.’
- ‘One of the most surprising fields that 3D printing has made an impact on is animation.’
- ‘There are vast logistics for 3D printing to tackle in order to challenge the supply chain in such a way.’
- ‘He is predicting that advances in 3D printing are coming along a lot faster than most of us would expect, and they might become quite common much sooner than most people predicted.’
- ‘3D printing is revolutionising the way we make things: in the motor and aviation industries complex parts are already made more cost-effectively, and soon it will be available in the home.’
- ‘3D printing was initially a solution looking for a problem.’
- ‘Actually, the idea of Escher having access to computer-assisted design and 3D printing is almost scary.’
- ‘An additional reverse-engineering trend is the high-tech world of 3D printing using yet another neutral file format, STL.’
- ‘Rapid prototyping has gotten lots of attention as it has advanced from simple 3D printing to instant manufacturing.’
- ‘And so there's now 3D printing for office applications in addition to machines for the factory floor.’
- ‘Supercharged growth is a sign that the 3D printing industry is already transforming.’
- ‘If 3D printing is something that excites you, get ready for a rush.’
- ‘Other barriers to 3D printing have also dropped.’
- ‘As a manufacturing process, 3D printing is what is known as an "additive" technology.’
- ‘For example, the "SmartGeometry" workshop guided participants through the process of generating complex geometric designs and physically building them via "3D printing" or laser cutting.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.