Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1In nouns denoting.
- 1.1 A descriptive science.‘geography’
- 1.2 A technique of producing images.‘radiography’
- 1.3 A style or method of writing or drawing.‘calligraphy’
- 1.1 A descriptive science.
- 2.1 Writing about (a specified subject)‘hagiography’
- 2.2 A written or printed list.‘filmography’
- 2.1 Writing about (a specified subject)
From or suggested by Greek -graphia writing.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.