One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very easy to see or understand.
obvious, evident, plain, apparent, crystal clear, as clear as crystal, transparentView synonyms
- ‘She recognized her own handwriting as clear as day on the back of the picture as he flipped it around.’
- ‘Looking around, she noticed she could see clear as day.’
- ‘But when you actually saw the written evidence it was as clear as day.’
- ‘They're virtually invisible to everyone else, but I see them clear as day.’
- ‘I didn't have a clue what it was and then I saw the Pope's face, clear as day.’
- ‘Normally I'm aware I'm dreaming due to the subtle layer of surreality but this one was clear as day (though I can't remember any of it now, of course).’
- ‘It is there clear as day, on public record, as said by the Prime Minister.’
- ‘Out of the blue, like a movie, these images appear in front of me, clear as day.’
- ‘The trophy for that triumph is clear as day with this bunch.’
- ‘I loved him, I said it clear as day to him and he understood that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.