One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intensely black.‘the clouds as black as soot’
- ‘He pulled back his hood with a hand as black as soot.’
- ‘The next day dawned overcast and louring, the clouds as black as soot.’
- ‘The skin was black as soot, and smooth as if not really skin at all.’
- ‘And I never would have believed it a military unit, even one from the North, cause every face I saw was as black as soot.’
- ‘Sato entered the now dark lab in search of Cornelius who was as black as soot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.