One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for because
- ‘‘Hang on,’ I say to him, ‘'cause we're gonna catch some air!’’
- ‘‘Don't call me Bush! ‘he hollers, ‘'cause I'll sue you for this car!‘’
- ‘He was going to kill himself, ‘'cause I thought I just killed my mother.‘’
- ‘‘We might have to get rough with 'em,’ Stewart replies, ‘'cause they're getting really chatty.’’
- ‘You'll be the first one gone,’ Brad responds, ‘'cause we'll all immediately gang up on you.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.