One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Used to emphasize something additional that is being referred to.‘she threw her coffee over him, mug and all’
- ‘We don't want to miss the start, so we head to the gig, bags and all, leaving the baffled hotel staff in the dust.’
- ‘He grabbed his plate and hurled it, food and all, against the wall.’
- ‘She climbed into her bed, clothes and all, and went to sleep.’
- 1.1informal As well.‘it must hit him hard, being so young and all’
as well, also, too, besides, into the bargain, in addition, additionally, on top, on top of that, over and above that, what's more, moreover, furthermoreView synonyms
- ‘I know he still really cares for me and all, but it's like, painful for him to think about other me with other guys.’
- ‘He'd never pick me, being his son and so young and all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.