One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Roman soldiers used urtication, or external stinging, to relieve the pain of arthritis.’
- ‘The exact scientific mechanism by which urtication works is still unclear.’
- ‘In some but not all patients this was accompanied by diminution of urtication in response to cooling.’
- ‘I believe that it is also true to say that, whilst urtication can be very effective in the short-tern, in the long-term actually eating the nettles is going to have a more beneficial effect.’
- ‘Caterpillar urtications can cause severe allergic responses and even death in some people, so - as we said - better not to handle hairy caterpillars unless you know they are harmless varieties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.