Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
treated as singular The diagnostic study of pressure in the bladder, in treating incontinence.
- ‘The diagnosis is made by a combination of assessing the severity of leakage and conducting specialized tests such as urodynamics and cystourethroscopy.’
- ‘A routine preoperative evaluation, including urodynamics, was performed before the procedure.’
- ‘A more detailed assessment of bladder pressure and storage capacity can be done with a test called urodynamics.’
- ‘In ambulatory urodynamics, the urinary system is monitored with the person walking around, with catheters connected to a portable computer.’
- ‘Secondary outcomes included failure to complete treatment, the need for further treatment, hospitalization, major complications and urodynamics.’
- ‘Patients with obstructed outflow were diagnosed either with urodynamics or clinically in the presence of a low urinary flow together with an incompletely emptying bladder in accordance with standard urological practice.’
- ‘The urodynamics test should not be done if your child has a bladder infection.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.