Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Discharge urine; pass water.
pass water, go to the loo, go to the toilet, go to the lavatory, relieve oneselfwet one's bed, wet one's pants, wet oneselfcock its leg, lift its leggo, do it, spend a penny, have a leak, take a leak, shake hands with an old friend, answer the call of nature, pee, pee oneself, pee one's pants, piddle, have a piddle, widdle, have a widdle, tinkle, have a tinklewee, have a wee, wee-wee, have a slash, have a wazzwhizz, take a whizzpiss, have a pissmicturateView synonyms
- ‘X-rays are then taken as the bladder fills and while your child urinates.’
- ‘You may need to urinate more often as your baby grows, because the baby will put pressure on your bladder.’
- ‘Too much calcium in your kidneys might make you thirsty or increase your need to urinate.’
- ‘There is also a technique in which you squeeze the urethra after urinating to get any excess urine out.’
- ‘Your child is likely to learn to urinate in the potty first, as bowel movements require a little more control.’
- ‘By drinking extra fluids and urinating frequently, you can minimize this side effect.’
- ‘There is little time between feeling the need to urinate and leakage of urine.’
- ‘Encourage your child to relax when she urinates so no urine is left in the bladder.’
- ‘In addition, all animals urinated and experienced intestinal transit during the experimental period.’
- ‘If it hurts to urinate after you have used these products, you are probably sensitive to them.’
- ‘She tired easily and was embarrassed by a frequent need to urinate, caused by diuretic therapy.’
- ‘The medicine colors your urine bright orange, so do not be alarmed by the color when you urinate.’
- ‘This type of incontinence occurs when you get a sudden urge to urinate and just can't hold it.’
- ‘Some children start by sitting on the potty and urinating or having the bowel movement in their diaper.’
- ‘It may mean that the person waits too long to urinate, or urinates too frequently, or even tries to urinate when the muscles keeping the urine in the bladder (the ‘sphincter’ muscles) are clamped down.’
- ‘You may also have frequent urges to urinate and wake up at night to urinate.’
- ‘During later pregnancy, many women find that they need to urinate even more frequently.’
- ‘It is characterised by needing to urinate often and passing a large quantity of urine, and feeling extremely thirsty.’
- ‘This weight is similar to what a person would weigh after urinating when they had normal kidney function.’
- ‘‘Try restricting the amount of fluids the child drinks at night and make sure the child urinates before he or she goes to bed,’ Loening-Baucke says.’
Late 16th century: from medieval Latin urinat- urinated, from the verb urinare.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.