Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Analysis of urine by physical, chemical, and microscopical means to test for the presence of disease, drugs, etc.
- ‘Additional motivation for sobriety came from Sam's probation officer who demanded frequent urinalysis to test for drug use.’
- ‘Complete blood count and urinalysis should be monitored routinely throughout treatment.’
- ‘In addition, for obvious reasons, we limited this outcome measure to individuals who received urinalysis testing.’
- ‘Not only is this a waste, but if you happen to get a blood test or urinalysis when consuming creatinine, your doctor may think you have kidney problems.’
- ‘Her complete blood count and urinalysis were within normal limits, and a urine pregnancy test was negative.’
- ‘If no focus is found and a child appears well, no tests other than urinalysis are routinely indicated, and antibiotics should not be given.’
- ‘Diagnostic evaluation should begin with urinalysis, urine microscopy, cytology and culture, and cystoscopy.’
- ‘The results of routine blood tests and urinalysis were within normal limits.’
- ‘The Army's random and targeted urinalysis drug testing program is designed to deter members from involvement in illicit drugs.’
- ‘All patients with chronic kidney disease should undergo urinalysis and renal imaging as part of the diagnostic evaluation.’
- ‘The urine was analyzed by dipstick testing, urinalysis, and urine culture.’
- ‘The evaluation of nocturnal enuresis requires a thorough history, a complete physical examination, and urinalysis.’
- ‘This article reviews the correct method for performing urinalysis and the differential diagnosis for several abnormal results.’
- ‘Physical examinations, blood count, urinalysis and baseline lipid values were obtained for all volunteers.’
- ‘The book does not include illustrations of microscopic findings, even for common tests such as complete blood cell counts and urinalysis.’
- ‘As more and more segments of society have instituted random drug testing via urinalysis, you had to know that someone would develop a way to cheat on the test.’
- ‘These tests may include blood tests, urinalysis and imaging studies, such as ultrasounds or angiography.’
- ‘A history, physical examination, and urinalysis can identify, or at least suggest, these conditions.’
- ‘In most patients, however, urinalysis can help to determine the presence of infection and confirm a suspected diagnosis.’
- ‘The results of liver function tests and urinalysis were normal.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.