One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of urban communities governed by an elected council.
- ‘Witham had its own urban district council until 1974, when it was disbanded and its assets merged with those of the new Braintree District Council.’
- ‘If this commission holds out we will get an urban district council.’
- ‘The proposal for public motor ambulance services stretching from Skipton to Guiseley was discussed at a meeting of the urban district council.’
- ‘Councillor Kate Brown said the situation was partly due to neglect on the part of the urban district council.’
- ‘He raised the matter at the recent urban district council meeting and the local authority admitted its error.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.