One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of urban communities governed by an elected council.
- ‘Witham had its own urban district council until 1974, when it was disbanded and its assets merged with those of the new Braintree District Council.’
- ‘Councillor Kate Brown said the situation was partly due to neglect on the part of the urban district council.’
- ‘He raised the matter at the recent urban district council meeting and the local authority admitted its error.’
- ‘The proposal for public motor ambulance services stretching from Skipton to Guiseley was discussed at a meeting of the urban district council.’
- ‘If this commission holds out we will get an urban district council.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.