One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A broad elevated area of the earth's surface.
- ‘Like the African examples, the Rhine rift is associated with volcanism and with a regional upwarp that forms raised borders to the rift.’
(of part of the earth's surface) be elevated to form an upwarp.
- ‘Although each mountain range has a unique set of characteristics, a particular mountain can be structurally classified as upwarped, volcanic, fault-block, or folded.’
- ‘Most of South Africa consists of a vast plateau with upwarped rims, bounded by an escarpment.’
- ‘Probably no remnants of the upwarped surface remain on the mountain tops of New England.’
- ‘The seismic section shows upwarped reflectors in the upper crust which may be related to this convergence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.