One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A broad elevated area of the earth's surface.
- ‘Like the African examples, the Rhine rift is associated with volcanism and with a regional upwarp that forms raised borders to the rift.’
(of part of the earth's surface) be elevated to form an upwarp.
- ‘The seismic section shows upwarped reflectors in the upper crust which may be related to this convergence.’
- ‘Probably no remnants of the upwarped surface remain on the mountain tops of New England.’
- ‘Although each mountain range has a unique set of characteristics, a particular mountain can be structurally classified as upwarped, volcanic, fault-block, or folded.’
- ‘Most of South Africa consists of a vast plateau with upwarped rims, bounded by an escarpment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.