Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A broad elevated area of the earth's surface.
- ‘Like the African examples, the Rhine rift is associated with volcanism and with a regional upwarp that forms raised borders to the rift.’
(of part of the earth's surface) be elevated to form an upwarp.
- ‘Probably no remnants of the upwarped surface remain on the mountain tops of New England.’
- ‘Most of South Africa consists of a vast plateau with upwarped rims, bounded by an escarpment.’
- ‘Although each mountain range has a unique set of characteristics, a particular mountain can be structurally classified as upwarped, volcanic, fault-block, or folded.’
- ‘The seismic section shows upwarped reflectors in the upper crust which may be related to this convergence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.