One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Time during which a machine, especially a computer, is in operation.
- ‘There's easy access to the system's uptime, last login, date and time.’
- ‘Customers want a robust infrastructure with 100 percent uptime and global coverage.’
- ‘Given the distance to town and parts, machine maintenance and uptime are key.’
- ‘Our main goals were to improve uptime and understand the causes for downtime.’
- ‘This allows for 100% uptime, even while services are modified.’
- ‘Everyone thinks they have a handle on machine uptime and true production time, but only those who measure and track such numbers truly know.’
- ‘The Internet has created the need for digital data access, server uptime, data protection and, when required, data recovery.’
- ‘Here, the IT staff presents the business managers with a range of options and associated prices for levels of uptime, recovery time, and application response time.’
- ‘In most instances, cable modems give you great speed and fantastic uptime.’
- ‘The rapid acceptance of e-commerce is increasing the level of availability required for Internet infrastructures to obtain optimal uptime.’
- ‘The type of disk chosen depends upon system requirements such as uptime, operating life and other features.’
- ‘Page load speed is a critical factor, in some cases even more important than uptime.’
- ‘This immediate access to important background information proactively ensures maximum uptime for the library.’
- ‘The uptime for the play machines has not been great, because they need to be monitored continually.’
- ‘Consolidation projects strive to increase business uptime while reducing the considerable cost of high availability.’
- ‘This translates into faster service and more uptime.’
- ‘In hindsight, the new server has had over 150-days of uptime prior to the launch on October 1st, and we haven't had a single problem yet.’
- ‘Keeping your business' data on-line and accessible is the foundation of overall system uptime.’
- ‘Modules can be added while the library stays online, with minimal impact on operations providing maximum uptime.’
- ‘The capability to manage and monitor systems remotely from anywhere in the world increases efficiency, improves uptime, and reduces costs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.