One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It helps that this rock musical has a serious undertone beneath the uproariousness.’
- ‘Cyrus was a man of both seriousness and occasional uproariousness, even to excess - who yet carried with him a certain dignity that had accrued from his long and varied experience - of people, of institutions, of art, of the lived American history that was his own life.’
- ‘But it lacks the uproariousness of true humour.’
- ‘The men's vulnerability supplies the film with an odd, aching humour which complements the uproariousness of the strip scenes.’
- ‘There was much appreciative uproariousness when I asked for seconds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.