One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Certainly, the movie itself is uproariously amusing, but what helped to compensate for its shortness was some of the amusing extra features included with the DVD.’
- ‘My small arts class gave me a Christmas card earlier today, and laughed uproariously at my lame jokes about the first question on the exam being an instruction to write their name at the top of the paper.’
- ‘The kids all laughed uproariously, and I breathed a sigh of relief.’
- ‘‘The riotous events that follow hurtle uproariously through the life of this extraordinary man and hero of the people,’ explained a theatre spokesperson.’
- ‘Rick's letters to me over the years were the most memorable correspondence I've ever received in my life - uproariously funny, human, and luminous with his love of life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.