One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A free person lives uprightly, fulfilling his obligations to family, community, nation and God.’
- ‘They are tyrants and ideologues whose sole concern is imposing their Nietzschean will to power upon the weak, the uprightly bourgeois, the decently intentioned.’
- ‘The thief was not saved because he had not lived uprightly.’
- ‘While they waited for the return of the Lord, Paul's converts were to behave uprightly, maintaining moral perfection.’
- ‘Machiavelli begins by affirming that everybody realizes how praiseworthy it is when a ruler lives uprightly and not by trickery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.