One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The process or result of growing upwards.
- ‘Thus, it could be said that our company's upgrowth in the internal market depends on upgrowth and development of these enterprises including their export abilities.’
- 1.1count noun An upward growth.‘an upgrowth around the stalk’
- ‘Large healthy upgrowths of coral can be found in the deeper areas.’
- ‘Huku sailed back to the site of the upgrowth and saw that the land had risen above the surface.’
- ‘The natives have names for the various shallows and coral upgrowths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.