One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The process or result of growing upwards.
- ‘Thus, it could be said that our company's upgrowth in the internal market depends on upgrowth and development of these enterprises including their export abilities.’
- 1.1count noun An upward growth.‘an upgrowth around the stalk’
- ‘Large healthy upgrowths of coral can be found in the deeper areas.’
- ‘The natives have names for the various shallows and coral upgrowths.’
- ‘Huku sailed back to the site of the upgrowth and saw that the land had risen above the surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.