One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The folded rocks are seen in exposed and submerged nearshore reefs, and cliffed headlands where upfolds bring the harder Black Rock Sandstone above sea level.’
- ‘In south and east Dorset this resulted in the formation of two enormous structures, known as the Weymouth and Purbeck anticlines or upfolds.’
- ‘The upfolds that occur become mountains (these upfolds are called anticlines) and the down folds are called synclines.’
- ‘In the process, domes, cavities, faults and anticlines (upfolds of the earth with cores of salt) were created.’
- ‘They may have a combination of upfolds and downfolds resulting in very complex structures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.