One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The upfolds that occur become mountains (these upfolds are called anticlines) and the down folds are called synclines.’
- ‘They may have a combination of upfolds and downfolds resulting in very complex structures.’
- ‘The folded rocks are seen in exposed and submerged nearshore reefs, and cliffed headlands where upfolds bring the harder Black Rock Sandstone above sea level.’
- ‘In the process, domes, cavities, faults and anticlines (upfolds of the earth with cores of salt) were created.’
- ‘In south and east Dorset this resulted in the formation of two enormous structures, known as the Weymouth and Purbeck anticlines or upfolds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.