One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A women's hairstyle in which the hair is swept up and secured on top or at the back of the head.
- ‘With just a little bit of length, you can create a variety of different stunning updos and hairstyles using your fingers, heated irons, hot rollers or a diffuser.’
- ‘Alex was getting her nails done and Brittany was in the process of getting her hair done up in a soft updo with long, curly, ringlets.’
- ‘Those with shoulder-length locks or longer can create a gorgeous updo like Terry's.’
- ‘I felt uncomfortable and rather cold, but soon forgot about that as she tried to force my unruly hair into an elegant updo.’
- ‘I wish that I could pull her hair out of the updo that it was in and run my fingers through it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.