One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Worthless or in a mess.‘the plan is spoilt. Everything is up to putty’
- ‘A Royal Commission had said that they were all "up to putty".’
- ‘The plan is spoilt. Everything's up to putty.’
- ‘Before you know it, he's up to putty with the new school teacher.’
- ‘"When your life is up to putty," sang Mira, "And you feel you can't go on, laugh!"’
- ‘I'd been lying out there about a night and a day, my legs up to putty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.