One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a door, typically one to a garage) opened by being raised and pushed back into a horizontal position.
- ‘To the side of the house is a double garage with an electronic up-and-over door.’
- ‘In addition to a detached single garage with an up-and-over door, there is parking for four cars.’
- ‘A detached double garage with up-and-over door provides additional parking and, as it is plumbed for heating and utilities, is ripe for conversion to a granny flat or home gym.’
- ‘There is also a detached garage with up-and-over door; while permission has been granted to build over this, the new owners might also convert it to a home office.’
- ‘The property also comes with a large double garage with electronic up-and-over doors which can be accessed via a wide laneway off Lindsay Road.’
- ‘There is also a single detached garage with up-and-over door.’
- ‘There is also an integrated single garage with up-and-over door; this could easily be converted to an additional bedroom or playroom, depending on the requirements of the new owner.’
- ‘There is extensive parking in a gravelled forecourt and single garage with up-and-over doors.’
- ‘Also included is a detached garage with electric up-and-over doors and an adjoining playroom with guest bathroom and storage press.’
- ‘Graham decided, this morning, that it was time to paint the up-and-over garage door a rather classy deep cranberry red, replacing the nasty green-yellow we inherited.’
- ‘Outside, the property includes a side lawn with herbaceous borders and colourful flowerbeds as well as a large cobblelock driveway and a single garage with up-and-over door.’
- ‘A single garage with up-and-over door could be converted to further accommodation, subject to the necessary planning permission.’
- ‘There is a single garage with up-and-over door - subject to planning permission, this could be converted to additional accommodation.’
- ‘The grounds include rolling lawns, trees, a railed paddock and a detached double garage with up-and-over doors.’
- ‘There is off-street parking for two cars along the driveway while an integrated single garage with up-and-over door provides an additional parking space.’
- ‘Somewhere around lunch time Graham and I were standing outside the garage, sheltering under the up-and-over door, chatting to our neighbour who was doing the same thing.’
- ‘There is plenty of room for parking along a semi-circular gravel driveway, as well as in an integrated single garage with an up-and-over door.’
- ‘While it retains its up-and-over door and can still be accessed from the front garden, it has central heating and with a bit of work could be converted to provide a third reception room.’
- ‘South walls are up-and-over garage doors that allow each cabin to be thrown open to balcony and view during the day.’
- ‘Instead of a vaulted lower ground floor, here there are two up-and-over heated garages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.