One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It seems that the hierarchy of corporate America, however, is not charmed by all this cultural richness and prefers to have its up-and-comers speak plain-vanilla, accentless English.’
- ‘The two GeekRaves have attracted numerous high-tech company representatives who are not only interested in meeting the up-and-comers in their field, but who are also interested in scoping out potential employees.’
- ‘Both the SDA and AWU, for example, have notoriously poor records when it comes to promoting worker rights but spectacular records when it comes to training factional up-and-comers and finding them safe seats.’
- ‘They're critical, of course, of the music business and the way it's conducted in Trinidad: the absence of quotas for local music, of a structured, professional approach, of a sense of history among the up-and-comers.’
- ‘We faced some scrimmage teams, a mix of their national team athletes as well as some up-and-comers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.