One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The music was buried under layers upon layers of noise, creating an album that was unyieldingly experimental, yet eventually allowed listeners to find some brilliant melodies underneath the mess.’
- ‘As a result, I labeled the genre to be sterile and difficult; the album's beats are very mechanical, sometimes tiresomely so, and the solemn melodies are unyieldingly complex.’
- ‘They are small and unyieldingly hard, not like normal pillows at all.’
- ‘Death, from this perspective, seems unproblematically universal, a simple, irreducible fact of our nature, unyieldingly the same across all societies and throughout time.’
- ‘Between August 8 and September 21, the Braves went 32-7 to take a grip on first place, but were still hard pressed to hold off the unyieldingly stubborn Giants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.