One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His literary career was dogged by a fierce unworldliness.’
- ‘He is amused by their unworldliness and their belief that they cannot enforce economy on Government unless they practise it themselves.’
- ‘For all his unworldliness, Gray has always been anxious about the reception of his work.’
- ‘His unworldliness - despite all he has seen and heard - is the perfect contrast to the high-minded hanky-panky of the inner circle.’
- ‘‘I wanted to do it and I did it,’ she says, slightly amazed at the memory of her own unworldliness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.