One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Badly done or made.
- ‘The defendants allegedly collected down payments from consumers at the time the contracts were signed and then either failed to begin the work or performed work in a shoddy and unworkmanlike manner.’
- ‘That is to say, if any spaces exist between adjacent luminaires, light will shine through the apertures or spaces resulting in an unsightly and unworkmanlike appearance of the finished assembly.’
- ‘No man ever came back to him and said, ‘Sir, you broke my neck in an unworkmanlike manner.’’
- ‘That error, one could infer, demonstrates unworkmanlike performance and led to excessive excavation.’
- ‘The court concludes the defendant breached the contract with the plaintiff by using inappropriate materials and installing the posts and rails in an unworkmanlike manner.’
- ‘Moreover, the court says that the law is well settled ‘that the natural results of negligent and unworkmanlike construction of a building do not constitute an ‘occurrence.’’
- ‘In this case, the court held that the unworkmanlike application of waterproof membranes constituted an ‘event’ on each occasion that it occurred.’
- ‘Plaintiffs enumerated a number of problems, defects and unworkmanlike conditions existing in the modular home constructed by the Defendant under its contract with plaintiffs.’
- ‘This is a practice which is abhorrent to clock professionals and considered unworkmanlike.’
- ‘The plaintiff claims that R & M performed its services in an unworkmanlike manner and that the company failed to complete several of the contractual requirements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.