One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If the soil is frozen or unworkably wet, heel them into the ground in a sunny spot until the conditions are more favourable.’
- ‘Sure, that sounds nice and all, but it requires the unworkably lengthy approach that I outlined previously.’
- ‘Local income tax would be administered by employers through the Pay As You Earn system - but some tax experts think the mechanics would be unworkably complicated.’
- ‘But the main engines of the world economy have been insulated against wildly fluctuating and unworkably high prices by the presence of excess capacity, especially in the hands of American puppet regimes like the House of Saud.’
- ‘Surely we weren't the only family to find the scheduled time unworkably late.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.