One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Not having many trees.
bare, exposed, desolate, stark, arid, desert, denuded, lunar, open, empty, windsweptView synonyms
- ‘The report also showed footage of antlered animals in a pen in an unwooded area.’
2(of a wine) not stored in a wooden cask.
- ‘Clearly, the Herradura you refer to is something other than an unwooded silver and something not yet a reposado.’
- ‘While chatting with him, we chose a bottle of the Banrock Station unwooded Chardonnay - a truly delightful wine and suitable to accompany everything on offer.’
- ‘It's a classic, unwooded, mineral and green olive style Chablis with citrus fruit flavours and acidity that's as taut as a sail in a gale.’
- ‘I also ordered a bottle of the unwooded Chardonnay from Constantia Uitsig 1998 to match the fish starters.’
- ‘Also try the Zandvliet Chardonnay, the Astonvale Shiraz produced and the unwooded Astonvale Chardonnay and the Astonvale Crème.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.