Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Not having many trees.
bare, exposed, desolate, stark, arid, desert, denuded, lunar, open, empty, windsweptView synonyms
- ‘The report also showed footage of antlered animals in a pen in an unwooded area.’
2(of a wine) not stored in a wooden cask.
- ‘Also try the Zandvliet Chardonnay, the Astonvale Shiraz produced and the unwooded Astonvale Chardonnay and the Astonvale Crème.’
- ‘Clearly, the Herradura you refer to is something other than an unwooded silver and something not yet a reposado.’
- ‘It's a classic, unwooded, mineral and green olive style Chablis with citrus fruit flavours and acidity that's as taut as a sail in a gale.’
- ‘While chatting with him, we chose a bottle of the Banrock Station unwooded Chardonnay - a truly delightful wine and suitable to accompany everything on offer.’
- ‘I also ordered a bottle of the unwooded Chardonnay from Constantia Uitsig 1998 to match the fish starters.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.