One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without being aware; unintentionally.‘many users unwittingly expose their personal details to strangers online’‘youngsters can become unwittingly involved in gangs’
- ‘She unwittingly attracts the attention of three potential suitors.’
- ‘Many people have unwittingly consumed genetically modified crops without any health problems.’
- ‘No matter how much trouble he may unwittingly cause, the court doesn't have the heart to convict him.’
- ‘The movement's admiration of non-European art unwittingly offered artists from minority cultures the opportunity to value their own visual traditions.’
- ‘Knocked out during the cataclysm, he unwittingly hurtles 800,000 years further into the future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.