One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without being aware; unintentionally.‘many users unwittingly expose their personal details to strangers online’‘youngsters can become unwittingly involved in gangs’
- ‘Knocked out during the cataclysm, he unwittingly hurtles 800,000 years further into the future.’
- ‘She unwittingly attracts the attention of three potential suitors.’
- ‘Many people have unwittingly consumed genetically modified crops without any health problems.’
- ‘The movement's admiration of non-European art unwittingly offered artists from minority cultures the opportunity to value their own visual traditions.’
- ‘No matter how much trouble he may unwittingly cause, the court doesn't have the heart to convict him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.