One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that shows poor judgement; foolishly.‘he unwisely chose to represent himself in court’‘we have all probably acted unwisely from time to time’sentence adverb ‘unwisely, she repeated the remark to her mother’
- ‘Somewhat unwisely, he shared his findings with the artist who then patented the process without acknowledging his input.’
- ‘He unwisely eats an extremely old egg salad sandwich from a vending machine.’
- ‘Buying them now would mean unwisely locking in today's low yields.’
- ‘In some cases, unwisely planned home improvements can actually detract value from a property.’
- ‘Whoever uses power unwisely will be shorn of power.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.