One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or state of being unwilling to do something; reluctance.‘he deplored the Government's unwillingness to provide adequate funds’
disinclination, reluctance, slowness, lack of enthusiasmView synonyms
- ‘Those who dislike it do so for its stubborn unwillingness to judge the two young gunmen.’
- ‘The second reveals an unwillingness to face the commercial realities of the marketplace.’
- ‘The federal government's unwillingness to take action has left it up to states.’
- ‘Yet it is these very same people who have buried the community centre through their unwillingness to lift a finger to help out.’
- ‘There are frequent complaints about unwillingness to work, lack of entrepreneurialism and aversion to risk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.