One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or state of being unwilling to do something; reluctance.‘he deplored the Government's unwillingness to provide adequate funds’
disinclination, reluctance, slowness, lack of enthusiasmView synonyms
- ‘Those who dislike it do so for its stubborn unwillingness to judge the two young gunmen.’
- ‘The federal government's unwillingness to take action has left it up to states.’
- ‘Yet it is these very same people who have buried the community centre through their unwillingness to lift a finger to help out.’
- ‘There are frequent complaints about unwillingness to work, lack of entrepreneurialism and aversion to risk.’
- ‘The second reveals an unwillingness to face the commercial realities of the marketplace.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.