One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Against one's wishes; reluctantly.‘Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight’‘he unwillingly went back to the family business in the City’
- ‘He finds himself unwillingly enmeshed in the siblings' troubled lives.’
- ‘He unwillingly obeyed, taking a seat on the wooden floor.’
- ‘In the new show, she plays a single mother who unwillingly becomes an on-camera reporter.’
- ‘Unwillingly teamed up with a young, cocky thief, Nick decides to go ahead with this final score.’
- ‘He told reporters he'd had to unwillingly relinquish the role that brought him worldwide fame.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.