One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I flicked a cigarette at a guy's head that night after he grabbed my friend's arm unwelcomely and tried to fight me after I pushed him off her.’
- ‘This presents an unwelcomely anthropocentric view of the universe: That the habitation of man is spreading, in imperial fashion, throughout a domain which was prepared beforehand for exactly that purpose.’
- ‘Likewise, while on the topic, the rock formations almost make the map seem unwelcomely crowded.’
- ‘They usually do this primarily because they are concerned that they are being stalked or unwelcomely pursued.’
- ‘The UK's approach to the negotiations on a replacement for the draft EU constitution is being seen in some European capitals as unwelcomely dictatorial.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.