One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Without a weight attached.‘Linda added a mealworm grub to her bobberless, unweighted line’
- ‘The plastic anti-ice plate produces a 90-degree corner that snugs tightly against the edges of the sole, letting you initiate accurate turns on hardpack while preventing the unweighted ski from deflecting in crud.’
- ‘One or more ascenders hold the cavers weight while the unweighted ascender is moved up the rope.’
- ‘His shoulders gave out after seven reps on the military press - with an unweighted bar.’
- ‘Move gradually to an unweighted barbell in weeks two and three, and a weighted bar by week four.’
- ‘Following the deep-strength caveat of careful progression, begin with unweighted, standard squats.’
(of a figure or sample) not adjusted or biased to reflect importance or value.‘revisions were conducted using the unweighted sample’
- ‘In the following tables all statistical estimates are weighted, whereas the unweighted frequencies are reported.’
- ‘Specifically, depending on our benchmark and whether we look at unweighted or weighted alpha, the monthly shortfall ranges from 5.6 to 16.3 basis points.’
- ‘The importance value used for each species of tree was the unweighted average of the percent of relative density and the percent of relative basal area.’
- ‘The aggregation of output was both distance weighted and unweighted, although the former was shown to be more realistic and is used to develop the results presented below.’
- ‘Weighted and unweighted data are available from the authors on request.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.