One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not tired or becoming tired.‘with Flaubert, the unwearied research was not for the forcible word’
vigorous, energetic, industrious, determined, resolute, enthusiastic, keen, zealous, forceful, strong, herculean, spirited, dynamic, intense, dogged, tenacious, persistent, persevering, constant, incessant, unceasing, steady, stout, staunch, pertinaciousView synonyms
- ‘We give thanks for her example of faithful duty and unwearied service, and for the loyalty and love which she inspired.’
- ‘With unwearied activity she journeyed everywhere, watched over the administration of law and government, cut down the great estates of the nobles for the benefit of the crown, and protected the ordinary freeman.’
- ‘He insists he remains unwearied and will carry on, but how weary of him grows the club?’
- ‘The next stop is a magnificent waterfall, giving freely all it receives without worry, unwearied and without greed.’
- ‘Every pair of eyes was upon her unwearied, untouched form.’
- ‘He watched as she closed her mouth, an inquisitive look upon her mature, yet unwearied face.’
- ‘For a moment I had a view of a world that seemed to wear a vast and dismal aspect of disorder, while, in truth, thanks to our unwearied efforts, it is as sunny an arrangement of small conveniences as the mind of man can conceive.’
- ‘He lives to be the one Mediator between God and man, the unwearied Intercessor, the kind Shepherd, the elder Brother, the prevailing Advocate, the never-failing Priest and Friend of all who come to God by Him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.