Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not wavering; steady or resolute.‘she fixed him with an unwavering stare’
steady, fixed, resolute, resolved, firm, steadfast, decided, unswerving, unfluctuating, unhesitating, unfaltering, unvacillating, untiring, tireless, unflagging, indefatigable, persistent, unyielding, relentless, unremitting, unrelenting, sustained, inexorable, unshakeableView synonyms
- ‘Her return to health is a testament to her unwavering resolve and will to live.’
- ‘With unwavering resolve we support plurality, egalitarianism, and the political process.’
- ‘Even with unwavering support from communities, most clubs are in dire straits.’
- ‘You've got to just hold steady and steadfast and unwavering in certain situations.’
- ‘He told me all along he would be the champion miler of the world with unwavering optimism and I would say we are three-quarters of the way there now.’
- ‘Now many say their country has turned its back on the Taliban after pledging its unwavering support for the US.’
- ‘His unwavering stare was causing an unwanted reaction in my stomach.’
- ‘The mayor picked him over career police executives for his unwavering political loyalty and subservience.’
- ‘He is considered knowledgeable, unwavering in convictions and committed to the law.’
- ‘She carries absolute and unwavering support as a DA leader from the liberals in her own province.’
- ‘He said the key to success was the unity of beet growers and the unwavering support of other farmers.’
- ‘The laughter would fuse into worry as she realized I was unwavering in my inexorable demands.’
- ‘She smiled at him and later looked away, abashed, at his unwavering stare.’
- ‘I'm lucky that I've had unwavering support on this from my parents, my friends, and my advisors.’
- ‘He has seen Susan through the darkest of times, been an unwavering, solid support for her and their children.’
- ‘At election times, they were always having a go at him and ribbing him about his unwavering support for me.’
- ‘I could not have led the life I had, were it not for her unwavering support.’
- ‘An unwavering sense of purpose, or destiny, motivates many impostors, and even exposure rarely lessens this desire.’
- ‘We managed to give him a decent funeral only because of the unwavering support of our true and financial capable friends.’
- ‘Her face was firm, unwavering, jaw set and strong as the nature of William's grin changed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.