One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not having or showing high moral standards.‘if our actions are unvirtuous the results will be negative’
- ‘This could result in an unvirtuous downward cycle.’
- ‘I somehow still feel strangely unvirtuous.’
- ‘Here is a city where we've dreamt brilliantly of virtue while doing spectacularly unvirtuous things.’
- ‘Schadenfreude is an unvirtuous emotion of which we should be ashamed.’
- ‘The movements condemned goods of foreign provenance, in part by defining them as unnecessary, unpatriotic, and unvirtuous luxuries.’
- ‘Our famously unwritten constitution does not draw precise lines between the virtuous leak and the unvirtuous one, but most of us can distinguish one from the other when we see them.’
- ‘The classical moral categories of action are ethical vs. unethical, just vs. unjust and virtuous vs. unvirtuous.’
- ‘I don't feel particularly unvirtuous, but on the other hand I don't do an awful lot either.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.