One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make or become unwound or untwisted.with object ‘Robyn untwined her fingers’
untwist, disentwine, disentangle, unravel, unsnarl, unwind, unroll, uncoil, unreel, undo, spread out, unfurl, open, open out, lay out, straighten, straighten out, unkinkView synonyms
- ‘Hydrogen bonds are the perfect strength to hold DNA together under most situations, but are weak enough to form and break readily to enable DNA to untwine for replication.’
- ‘I looked up at him to ask him to untwine his arms.’
- ‘He set me down gently on my bed and untwined my arms from around his neck.’
- ‘Only then could I reach the tangle, which I simply untwined before sliding down the rope to the deck.’
- ‘She untwined the blanket from her legs and got up, walking to the washroom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.