One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Impossible to travel across or through.‘an untraversable six-lane stream of traffic’
blocked, closed, obstructed, impenetrableView synonyms
- ‘There is an electric train which took us 5km into the caves but the untraversable and most breath-taking part we saw on foot.’
- ‘Once the Americas were kept separated from Europe, not by vast and untraversable distances, but by belief in vast and untraversable distances.’
- ‘The weather had gotten bad enough to make the roads untraversable.’
- ‘The front entrance to the Daily Planet was untraversable, the great bronze doors jammed beyond any hope of opening by the collapse of the stone jamb overhead.’
- ‘At that moment I believed Oliver and I stood on opposite sides of an untraversable chasm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.