One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Impossible to travel across or through.‘an untraversable six-lane stream of traffic’
blocked, closed, obstructed, impenetrableView synonyms
- ‘There is an electric train which took us 5km into the caves but the untraversable and most breath-taking part we saw on foot.’
- ‘At that moment I believed Oliver and I stood on opposite sides of an untraversable chasm.’
- ‘The front entrance to the Daily Planet was untraversable, the great bronze doors jammed beyond any hope of opening by the collapse of the stone jamb overhead.’
- ‘The weather had gotten bad enough to make the roads untraversable.’
- ‘Once the Americas were kept separated from Europe, not by vast and untraversable distances, but by belief in vast and untraversable distances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.