One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to indicate that a situation will not change until another announcement is made.‘the museum is closed to the public until further notice’
- ‘However the council stressed this week that the precautionary boil water notice will continue until further notice.’
- ‘A bonus of $5 will be paid for the best written local story each week, until further notice.’
- ‘But the gates to the alley have now been shut with a notice informing people it will be closed until further notice.’
- ‘There will be no intake of new members until further notice.’
- ‘Members of the public are requested not to visit the site until further notice, when major work has been carried out.’
- ‘The latest wave of detainees arriving Friday at Guantanamo Bay will also be the last group until further notice.’
- ‘After the fire, the office has temporarily suspended services to the public until further notice.’
- ‘Soccer training continues every Tuesday and Thursday at 8pm until further notice.’
- ‘In an effort to control the spread of the bug all non-emergency surgery at the hospital has been cancelled until further notice.’
- ‘All footpaths and bridleways in the East Riding that cross agricultural land have also been closed to the public until further notice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.