One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic term for dethrone
- ‘The seven-times world champion was unthroned last year by an American but leads the standings by nine points from Stoner after winning the Spanish MotoGP last month.’
- ‘As the Puritan's would say, ‘By his own tyranny, the king unthrones himself.’’
- ‘Washington was so glorified in his time that even history cannot unthrone him.’
- ‘He plays one king unthroned by hauteur and another unthroned by complacency’
- ‘Son of Banquo, Fleance escapes Macbeth's murderous rampage and flees to England where he helps Macduff mount the insurrection that unthrones Macbeth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.