One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic term for dethrone
- ‘Washington was so glorified in his time that even history cannot unthrone him.’
- ‘Son of Banquo, Fleance escapes Macbeth's murderous rampage and flees to England where he helps Macduff mount the insurrection that unthrones Macbeth.’
- ‘He plays one king unthroned by hauteur and another unthroned by complacency’
- ‘The seven-times world champion was unthroned last year by an American but leads the standings by nine points from Stoner after winning the Spanish MotoGP last month.’
- ‘As the Puritan's would say, ‘By his own tyranny, the king unthrones himself.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.