One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing little or no consideration for the needs of other people; thoughtless.‘insensitive, unthoughtful and demeaning comments’‘how could she be so unthoughtful as to depart at such an awkward hour?’
thoughtless, unthinking, insensitive, selfish, self-centred, self-seeking, unsympathetic, uncaring, unconcerned, heedless, unmindful, unkind, uncharitable, ungracious, impolite, discourteous, rude, disrespectfulView synonyms
- ‘Being depressed doesn't give you an excuse to be so unthoughtful about others’
- ‘Let us say that the cheating person, in this hypothetical scenario, is a woman, and that her husband is kind of an unthoughtful jerk.’
- ‘He is, as mentioned earlier, sometimes unthoughtful and inconsiderate.’
- ‘I do take issue with the insensitive, unthoughtful and demeaning comments made about the premises, which I feel reflect badly on the good name of the business.’
- ‘One cannot expect a thoughtful and intelligent answer to an unthoughtful comment.’
- ‘If the rows on the ears of corn are irregular and broken, the planter is considered careless and unthoughtful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.