One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Showing little or no consideration for the needs of other people; thoughtless.‘insensitive, unthoughtful and demeaning comments’‘how could she be so unthoughtful as to depart at such an awkward hour?’
thoughtless, unthinking, insensitive, selfish, self-centred, self-seeking, unsympathetic, uncaring, unconcerned, heedless, unmindful, unkind, uncharitable, ungracious, impolite, discourteous, rude, disrespectfulView synonyms
- ‘If the rows on the ears of corn are irregular and broken, the planter is considered careless and unthoughtful.’
- ‘Being depressed doesn't give you an excuse to be so unthoughtful about others’
- ‘One cannot expect a thoughtful and intelligent answer to an unthoughtful comment.’
- ‘Let us say that the cheating person, in this hypothetical scenario, is a woman, and that her husband is kind of an unthoughtful jerk.’
- ‘I do take issue with the insensitive, unthoughtful and demeaning comments made about the premises, which I feel reflect badly on the good name of the business.’
- ‘He is, as mentioned earlier, sometimes unthoughtful and inconsiderate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.