One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not feeling or showing pleasure, relief, or gratitude.‘no company ever went from them unthankful’
unappreciative, thankless, ungraciousView synonyms
- ‘I wondered how he survived, teaching unthankful boys all day long.’
- ‘I was feeling like that kind of guy appearing in several different mythologies, that kind of guy having the unthankful task to bring over the really, really bad news.’
- ‘Do you know how hard and unthankful a task it is to write these fake few stories for newspaper movie props?’
- ‘The other one, playing Charles VII, had to deal with one of the most unsympathetic, unthankful roles in opera: neither good nor evil but merely pathetic.’
- ‘My mother droned on about how unthankful I was for not appreciating her good will towards me.’
- ‘I still didn't understand why Toni could be so unthankful that his dad stayed to take care of him.’
- ‘If that is so, I must take care, on the one hand, never to despise, or be unthankful for, these earthly blessings, and on the other, never to mistake them for the something else of which they are only a kind of copy, echo, or mirage.’
- ‘He completely ignored his unthankful brother, leaning in towards Virginia, ‘Does this meet your expectations, sister?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.