One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not physically or mentally demanding.‘I've been filling my days with routine, untaxing work’
easy, simple, undemanding, unexacting, not burdensome, moderate, endurable, bearable, tolerableView synonyms
- ‘They were never taught to drive by competent instructors, relying instead on family and friends to sit with them prior to scraping a pass in a simple and untaxing 30-minute driving test.’
- ‘St Mirren were being totally outplayed and allowed visiting keeper Andy Goram as untaxing an afternoon as he can have experienced in his long career.’
- ‘Sometimes I just want to get in from work and watch something mindless, a chance to switch off the brain and be taken somewhere nice and untaxing.’
- ‘The best thing is that the manoeuvres are completely physically untaxing.’
- ‘The ascent from the road is untaxing, but it was a very boggy descent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.