One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not fond of or given to talking; uncommunicative.‘Joe was shy and untalkative’
- ‘In my third game, against a mild, socially awkward and untalkative lady, I got quite a way ahead.’
- ‘The point of this was just so all those friends of mine who find me untalkative lately know that it has nothing to do with them.’
- ‘Some of the most restrained, untalkative men I've known have been the most communicative.’
- ‘He was funny but we had other places to be, so we left him and his two untalkative mates with their £100 bar bill and went off to pastures new.’
- ‘He was mostly untalkative during the lively conversations, but he listened to the talks with attention.’
- ‘He is predictably untalkative and trying oh so hard to be cool.’
- ‘So I'm shy and untalkative or at least restrained.’
- ‘They may be famously untalkative, but they sure know how to generate a lot of noise.’
- ‘Chances are that Anna is the same untalkative person in private as she is in public.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.