One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There was an unsureness to Michael's intervention, more than just to do with picking the right side.’
- ‘The impossibility of assigning a ‘final, authoritative meaning’ to Donne's intertwining of love and conquest symptomatically reveals a fundamental unsureness regarding the object of desire.’
- ‘He says, ‘When I started writing seriously, in 1970, I may have dropped all or most of my mother's ways with words, but I still had her attitudes, her wariness, her unsureness of touch’.’
- ‘There was a bit of nervousness, a bit of unsureness, and that's not the way I want him to play for us.’
- ‘True, she did shoot a man, but even that seemingly militant act was marbled with vulnerability and unsureness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.